Nutritional Therapy is an evidence-based approach to maximising one’s health potential though individually formulated nutritional and lifestyle changes. As a nutritional therapist I treat the body as a whole while seeking the root source of health concerns, rather than simply treating the symptoms.
Have you ever considered working with a Nutritional Therapist?
In the frenetic lives we lead it is so easy to work too many hours, eat and drink the wrong things and generally neglect yourself when it comes to your own health. You may not have considered it before but if you take stock of your situation and see how your lifestyle is affecting you, do you think that you need to change things?
Many of us go through phases of wanting to change our lives to be healthier so we go to the gym, start the latest fad diet and maybe detox for a few days but usually, in a matter of weeks, we’ve reverted back to type and started drifting into old habits and finding a list of excuses why we can’t make it to the gym. This is where working with a Nutritional Therapist may be the solution you’re looking for.
Changing your lifestyle to become healthier doesn’t have to be drastic. In fact, if you make drastic changes then you’re unlikely to stick to them. Through nutritional therapy you can take control of your own health, the food you eat and the way you live your life. It is a more gradual process where you make changes to your life and, through knowledge of how nutrition works; you can start to make a positive change that will make you feel healthier and good about yourself.
If you’re a bit sceptical and unsure if nutritional therapy is for you, here are 10 reasons why you might just want to give it a try:
- I will tailor a nutrition programme that is specific to you. There is nothing ‘off the shelf’ that works for everybody. We are all different and a nutrition programme will be aimed at your specific needs.
- I will give you ongoing support. Many of us fail to make positive changes to our health because there’s nobody in our corner spurring us on. I will guide and motivate you to reach your goals.
- A nutrition programme will look at your current needs and then plan for gradual and long lasting improvement. There will be no immediate drastic change to your life. Everything is done at a pace that suits you.
- Recipes and meal plans will be designed for your specific requirements. This will take into account your likes, dislikes and any allergies that you may have.
- You will learn how diet and nutrition can prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes and other serious health conditions. This knowledge will help you to make the right choices.
- You will learn how to make gradual changes in your lifestyle so that you can enjoy a healthy future.
- You will learn how digestion is at the center of having a balanced and healthy body. What happens in your gut is at the root of so many health problems so if you are able to treat your gut better, the healthier you will be.
- Making positive changes to your health and lifestyle will make you feel better about yourself and lift your mood. This is scientific fact. Around 90% of Serotonin, the feel good brain chemical, actually comes from the digestive tract. Better digestion = better mood.
- If you are currently taking medication, then a nutrition programme will make your medication work more effectively or, in many cases, may negate the need for the medication.
- What we eat and drink is at the centre of so many aspects of our health and wellbeing. Get this right and you will be healthier, happier, and more motivated to do those things that you’ve always wanted to do.
Nutrition is not a miracle cure. It’s a change in your lifestyle that can have a profoundly positive effect on how you feel and view the world.