An optimal nutrition can greatly influence your health status. The vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients in our food have essential roles in every cell of our bodies, and so can influence our biochemistry and physiology on a profound level.
The correct balance between carbohydrates, proteins and fats, will support energy metabolism and stimulate growth and repair. A good nutrition will deter from engaging into negative diet and lifestyle choices that can have detrimental effects on the body.
Nutrition and lifestyle approaches to healthcare have been repeatedly shown to support the health of all the major systems in the body such as cardiovascular, digestive, immune, skeletal, muscular, nervous, respiratory, excretory, endocrine, and reproductive system.
Some of the typical priorities in a nutrition consultation are to:
- Manage weight
- Optimise digestion
- Maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Promote tolerance to foods
- Optimise energy levels
- Balance blood sugar
- Manage celiac disease or gluten sensitivity
- Promote skin vitality
- Optimise immunity
- Support emotional and psychological wellbeing
The role of our nutritional therapist is to assess you to see if;
- Your individual requirements of key nutrients are being met
- There are any imbalances in the major systems of the body such as digestive, immune or hormonal
- Your detoxification is working adequately or if you have a toxic load that needs clearing
Then we devise a diet and lifestyle plan suitable for your individual circumstances to achieve normal healthy function and wellbeing.
What to expect from Nutritional Therapy:
- Detailed analysis of your dietary and nutrition intake
- Detailed medical history taken including current health status, symptoms and family history
- A strategy for health - linking the symptoms to nutrition imbalances and providing support to change diet and lifestyle.
- Action Plan – personalised, simple, sustainable advice for diet and lifestyle changes; taking into consideration your individual life situation
- Supplement Programme - details of any recommended nutrition supplements that are sometimes required
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests if required, to help ascertain any suspected underlying conditions related to your symptoms