Terms & Conditions
- conduct all pre-training assessments and follow-up retests.
- use only those systems of assessments and training validated as safe and effective.
sessions are payable in advance and non-refundable
- a medical freeze: medical advice to cease training due to illness or injury, accompanied by a doctor’s certificate and a medical freeze activation form. BodyScene will freeze remaining sessions for up to 12 months from the original expected contract expiry date. Training can then resume upon presentation of a signed medical release authorizing you to return to training, including any medical limitations or recommendations.
- disability: if you are unable to use the training package due to a disability you will receive a full refund upon written verification of your condition by a medical professional.
- new home: if you move your main residence more than 30km from your original location on signing up with BodyScene you will receive a full refund upon verification of your new address.
- just cause transfers: if your reason for contract cancellation is deemed as just cause by BodyScene then you may be able to transfer your contract to a third party who is not already training with BodyScene.
- just cause refund: if your reason for contract cancellation is deemed as just cause by BodyScene, you may be subject to a refund on unused sessions, with calculations for used sessions being based on the hourly rate charged per session.
- any training sessions not taken before the end of the package expiry date, which appears on the receipt, will be forfeited.
- cancellations at least 24 hours in advance may be subject to rescheduling time-wise or trainer-wise, but this is not guaranteed.
- missed or cancelled sessions with less than 24 hours notification are forfeited and full payment for the session will be taken. If no payment details are available future sessions will be suspended until any outstanding payments are received.
- reserved time slots may be lost if payment is not made in a timely manner.
- a 14 day advance notice should be given about vacations or absences during the contract.
- in the event of trainer illness, a 24-hour notice will be given. With sudden cancellations a substitute trainer will be provided or a rescheduled session set-up.
- you may at any time request a change in trainer without explanation.
- you may be allocated two trainers so as to allow more choice in the days/time trained as well as continuity in the training in the event of one trainer being ill or on vacation.
- each trainer carries full public liability and professional indemnity cover, details of which are available on request.
- sessions are usually one hour in duration and a late start may not extend the training session.
- you will be informed by BodyScene of any scheduled trainer vacations 30 days prior to the vacation. A substitute trainer may be provided, a home program designed or training video provided, depending on your individual preference.
- pre-paid classes are non-refundable.
- cancellations prior to training, which BodyScene agrees are outside of your control, are refundable but incur a 30% cancellation fee or a service credit option valid for 30 days.
- cancellations after your training begins entitle you to a non-transferable credit and accounts only for the sessions remaining in your programme at the time of your requested cancellation. There are no cash refunds.
- if we are notified of a scheduling conflict at least 24 hours ahead of time, it MAY be possible to make the session up at a later date or with a different group. However, this cannot be guaranteed.
- any classes missed without 24 hours notification are forfeited.
- if you have not already paid for the cancelled class, your account/card will be charged for the full amount of the session.
- no refunds are available for completed consulting services.
- unused, pre-paid and retainer-based consulting services may be eligible for a refund depending on the agreement between you and the BodyScene subsidiary. Standard notice for cessation of services is one calendar month, but this may vary between contracts. Be sure to check your agreement for details.